Venice is not just any city. The streets are water, there’s not a right angle to be found, finding decent eateries are potluck, and the system of convoluted alleyways can be difficult to navigate even for a local. That’s why having a personal, practical, on-site introduction can make all the difference in how enjoyable the rest of your stay can be.
VENICE 101 is the on-arrival meet, greet, and orientation that will enrich the entire rest of your stay.
It begins with an e-mail containing detailed arrival instructions according to your lodging and your means: air, train, or car. We’ll track your actual arrival and arrange to meet you shortly thereafter. Instead of wandering about, though, we’ll choose the perfect spot in your specific neighborhood (likely a nearby cafe) to sit, chat, and orient you to the city.
We’ll dot your map with locations for any activities you already have scheduled, make suggestions for things to keep an eye out for as you wander. We’ll have eating tips of all types, and make reservations if you’d like (definitely for your first night). We’ll include a complete explanation of the vaporetto and traghetto and how best to take advantage of them. We’ll tell you of any last minute goings-on, answer any specific questions, and include insider recommendations – all according to you personal interests and mode of travel.
- a highlighted city map
- transport system explanation and orientation, including nearest vaporetto stops
- vaporetto explanation with exclusive Venice Vap Map & cheat sheet
- the current Venice guide and calendar from the TI, with hours, openings, and current events
- dinner recommendations and reservations (we’ll escort you there if the timing works out)
- suggestions for how best to organize your time according to your interests and itinerary
- a printed outline and/or pdf so you don’t forget any of it
We also point out convenient vaporetto & traghetto locations, coordinated city-wide explanations between maps and principal thoroughfares, shortcuts, navigation tips along orientation keys and landmarks, ways to get un-lost, along with shopping tips, current exhibitions, notable wine bars, eateries, favorite gelato bars, and more.
1.5 hour meeting ALSO INCLUDES:
- detailed arrival advice and instructions
- arrival tracking
- maps and other materials
- vaporetto and city orientation
- expert eating recommendations from pizza to alta cucina
- printed version of all info for you to keep
1-6 adults: €110
Additional time available at €25 per half-hour (1 – 6 pp).
NOTE: Kids don’t count when calculating number of people.